1. No flaming.
2. This list is for everyone. This means that people of differing levels of expertise in blogging are equally welcome. So respect for all posters is a given.
3. If you think list rules are being violated or that action needs to be taken regarding another subscriber, email the offending subscriber or the list manager Pat Gundry at Contact privately rather than posting to the whole list.
4. Keep your messages within reasonable length.
5. If you have something to sell, use your signature space to let people know.
6. Please keep your signature to 7 lines or less, preferably no more than five.
7. Add a subject heading to your messages that is short and concise.
8. When responding to a previous message, briefly quote a relevant portion of the previous message, set off by ” < ” or in some other manner.
9. Send messages meant for individuals to them only, not to the whole list.
10. Refrain from responding to the whole list with messages such as, “I agree. Me too. Send me one also,” etc. Send such messages privately.
11. If you receive information from a number of private messages about a subject of interest to the group, please summarize the results and post for all.
12. Use as much forethought before posting as you would in a group of people you had to be with every day–no obscenities, profanity or sexually suggestive material.
13. If you will be gone for a time and unable to read your mail, or change service providers, unsubscribe and resubscribe later in order to prevent a backup of your unread or undeliverable mail, or set your subscription to “no mail.”
14. The list manager has sole charge of who may subscribe. She will remove subscribers from the list for recurring bounced mail, flaming, rule violations, or for any other reason that, in her opinion, is deemed sufficient cause.
15. Do not post to the list private messages that were sent to you unless you have permission from the original sender.
16. Don’t dominate the list. Post only a reasonable amount, especially when the volume of messages is high.
17. If you want to share something best sent by attachment, post the offer to do so to the list, asking those who want it to email you privately.
18. Never send a petition of any kind through the list. Avoid sending material asking readers to send a message to support a worthy cause or aid a person in need. Many such messages circulate through the internet, are often hoaxes, and even if valid, can cause huge problems for recipient locations. Most computer virus messages are also hoaxes. If you receive information about a suspected computer virus, send the information to the list manager at Contact rather than to the whole list.
19.This email discussion list is provided as an open forum. All posters are solely responsible for their own messages, and are the sole owners of their content.